Pregnant in Rome, enjoy an unforgettable Rome Babymoon at one of the finest hotels. Have that once-in-a-lifetime Babymoon and be pregnant in Rome for a little while.
PREGNANT IN ROME
The Expectant Parents Rome City Guide. Check out upcoming events in Rome, babymoon activities, where to stay, where to go for a prenatal shopping spree and where to indulge your pregnancy cravings.
The Eternal City is just a short haul flight away from many European cities. Rome is just a 2,5 hours flight from London, or 2 hours from Paris and 1,5 hours from Munich.
PREGNANT IN ITALIAN = ‘INCINTA’ (sono incinta = I’m pregnant)
GOOD TO KNOW
Official Tourist Board Rome
Romeing Your Guide to Rome’s cultural scene, events and lifestyle
English speaking doctors in the heart of Rome
BABYMOON IN ROME
BabyMoon® Travel proudly partners with three of the most beautiful and stunning hotels in the Eternal City.
Villa Spalletti Trivelli
Via Piacenza 4, Rome
In the heart of Rome, Villa Spalletti Trivelli is unique among the historic residences: a discreet and intimate luxury villa hotel, elegant and refined drawing rooms furnished with genuine antiques, exclusive wellness centre, sumptuous rooms with every comfort.
Babymoon offer includes : Luxury Accommodations of your choice, € 35,- Food & Beverage Credit, Roundtrip Airport Transfer, Free access to Roof Top, Rich Homemade Buffet Breakfast, Complimentary mini-bar in the room, Complimentary Hosted Bar, Free access to the Gy, Use of Turkish Bath, Complimentary Baby Cot and Free WiFi.
Book Rome Babymoon Offer
Aldrovandi Villa Borghese
Via Ulisse Aldrovandi, 15
A sophisticated hideaway in the middle of Rome. This grand 19-th century ivory boutique hotel villa features an outdoor heated pool, Mytha Spa with “Biologique Recherche” organic products, private garden, fine dining options such as the 1 Michelin Starred Assaje Restaurant and 103 rooms and suites.
An elegant and graceful oasis where expecting couples can indulge in the soothing atmosphere and enjoy incomparable amenities of a resort while staying in the heart of the city.
This luxury urban resort in Villa Borghese Gardens is one of the most desirable premises in Rome within walking distance from extraordinary venues as the Spanish Steps and Via Veneto.
The Aldrovandi Villa Borghese babymoon includes luxurious accommodations, daily breakfast buffet for two, mocktail for mom-to-be at the Garden or American Bar and Baby Gift with the Best Wishes from Aldrovandi Villa Borghese.
Hotel Hassler Roma
Piazza Trinità dei Monti, 6
It’s time for a second Honeymoon, it’s time for a Babymoon! Treat yourself and your loved one to one of the world leading hotels, famous for its impeccable service and take your time for a Maternity Ritual Massage in the exclusive Amorvero Spa or enjoy a non-alcoholic drink in the charming Palm Court Garden. Fall in love with the Eternal City in the exclusive Hassler Hotel.
- Although currently closed, the PASTA MUSEUM, (or Museo delle Paste) is one not to be missed. Via Flaminia, 141. Imagine two floors focused entirely on pasta.Room after room, you’ll discover how pasta is born from wheat and what processes are used for mixing and drying it, both in the age-old methods of making pasta by hand and in modern industrial technology: from “rudimental machinery”, such as the first stone grinders, to the modern pasta-making machinery.
- Trevi Foutain. Piazza di Trevi. Rome is home to over 2000 fountains, more than any city in the world. The most famous one is the Trevi Fountain. Throw in a coin for good luck! The Trevi Fountain is just 8 minutes walk from Hotel Villa Spalletti Trivelli.
- On one of Rome’s seven hills – The Aventine hill, lies a refuge from Rome’s most tourist-laden attractions. Clive dei Savelli is the way leading to the top of the Aventine Hill. Pregnant women should be aware of the very steep walk to the hill. Taking a taxi to the top would be best for pregnant women.For an everlasting memory of your babymoon, try to take a look through the special peephole in the doors of Priorato dei Cavalieri di Malta.
- Parco Savello, on your way to Aventine Hill. The park is also called the Orange Garden (Giardino degli Aranci). The magic of the location, its timelessness, will transport you where modernity ceases to exist. From the parapet, you can admire the city from above. The view includes the imposing Saint Peter’s in Vatican City.
- The Zodiaco is one of the most romantic of Rome’s upland reaches to the north of the city. By day, you will see Piazzale Clodio, the Foro Italico, the Stadio Olimpico and the entire area of quartiere Trionfale and Monte Mario. In the evening, with its myriad lights, along an avenue known as the ‘viale degli innamorati’, or ‘lovers’ lane’, the magic intensifies.
PRENATAL SHOPPING IN ROME
- The Milk Bar The Milk Bar is a store, studio and meeting place devoted to pregnancy, breastfeeding and motherhood. Via di S. Martino ai Monti 34. The Milk Bar hosts monthly meetings of La Leche League in English and Italian, as well as other informational sessions such as “Where to Give Birth in Rome”.
- Mammina Via Appia Nuova 200-202. The shop was founded in 1963 as Mommy Maternity Clothing; today it is more and more attentive to the need of the pregnant woman. Their clothes are produced by the top companies in the sector ” Maternity Wear “which produces pollen that will Menonove and Anticipation Jeans Maternity.
- Faire Dodo, Via Tomacelli 128. Maternity Fashion
- Pure opened in 2000 in Via Frattina 111 in the heart of Rome and immediately stands out for its uniqueness with brands such as Gucci, Fendi, Armani, Missoni, Il Gufo and more.
- Il Gufo Flagship Store, Via del babuino, 65. A personal favourite of ours. Il Gufo is a leading Italian luxury clothing brand for children from 0 to 14 years.
- METTIMI GIÙ, Via Dei dei Due Macelli 59/E, near Piazza di Spagna. Baby & Children’s Fashion with brands such as Bellerose, Oilily, +1 in the family, Finger in the Nose and more.
- Department Store La Rinascente at Piazza Fiume. All brands under one roof at La Rinascente. Baby fashion brands such as Il Gufo, Ralph Lauren, Moncler, Gucci, Fendi and more. La Rinascente is just a 10 minutes walk from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.
PREGNANCY CRAVINGS IN ROME
- LINDT Flagship Store at Via della Maddalena, 12 (Pantheon). The famous Swiss chocolatier is tucked away on a side street in the heart of the historical centre. Over a hundred types of treats to pick from plus ice-cream and a variety of chocolate-based hot drinks.
- SAID, Via Tiburtina 135. The oldest chocolate factory in Rome. handmade chocolates since 1923
- Bring your energy back at ZAZIE. Via Quintino Sella, 29 and Via Cesare Bosi, 7. Upon entrance, you see a rainbow of fruit and vegetables. The place offers tailor-made fruit or vegetable juices, smoothies, green salads, yoghurts, soups and more. A place where you do right by your body and mind to stay balanced.
- Quetzalcoatl might be a mouthful, but it originates from Mesoamerica just like its cocoa beans. Located near the Spanish Steps, this Franco-Italian chocolatier makes some of the best gourmet chocolates in Rome.