With its picturesque canal network, rich history and vibrant cultural scene, the capital of the Netherlands is one of the world’s most unique city destinations.
Amsterdam, a city with more than 800,000 bicycles, the Venice of the North is the ultimate destination for your once-in-a-lifetime babymoon.
Pregnant in Dutch = ‘zwanger’
Celebrate your pregnancy and spend your babymoon at Amsterdam’s award-winning five-star boutique hotel, Andaz Amsterdam, Prinsengracht.
Surrounded by the city’s iconic canals, Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht sits in the historic center of Amsterdam.
Explore the diverse shops of Nine Streets, grab a bite, and admire the modern collections at the Stedelijk Museum.
Experience everything Amsterdam has to offer, then return to your luxurious boutique hotel.
Andaz Amsterdam, Prinsengracht features 122 guestrooms and suites with canal, garden, and Observatorium views. Other impressive features are a luxurious Spa, a Silent Garden, guest bicycles, more than 50 pieces of video art as well as original artwork, and farm-to-table cuisine with a distinctive Dutch twist at Bluespoon Restaurant.
PRE-BABY BREAK AT ANDAZ AMSTERDAM, PRINSENGRACHT
- Luxury Accommodations
- Upgrade to next room category, based on availability
- Daily Buffet Breakfast for Two
- Facial for Mum-to-Be – 60 minutes
- Fresh Smoothie for Mum-to-Be at the Spa – after spa treatment
- Exclusive Miffy ‘Mommy-to-Be’ in-room amenity
The things to do in Amsterdam are endless. So whether you’re here for two nights or seven, here are some great activities to do while on your Babymoon in Amsterdam.
- Soak up some culture in Museumplein. Visit Rijksmuseum with over 8,000 pieces to see, like Rembrandt’s greatest work, The Night Watch.
- Take a Canal Cruise
- Discover Amsterdam’s Parklife. Amsterdam is home to over 30 parks. You’ll never be short of a picnic spot in Amsterdam. More than just leafy escapes from the urban hustle, parks are at the heart of Amsterdam culture.
- Spend the evening in a former tram depot. Located in the newly hip Oud-West area of the city, De Hallen is a brand new centre for the arts, crafts, fashion, and food in a recently refurbished industrial building dating from 1902.
- February / March, the Nine Months Fair
For five days every year, Amsterdam’s fairground, the RAI Amsterdam is transformed into a paradise for (new) parents.
With the Facial for Mum-to-Be at the Spa at Andaz Amsterdam, Prinsengracht. The Facial is included in the Babymoon Offer and comes with a fresh smoothie afterward, bliss!
4. Prenatal Shopping
With everything from multi-story department stores and exclusive boutiques to antiques and contemporary Dutch design, Amsterdam inspires even the most discerning shopper.
For You & Your Baby
- Petit Bateau, Van Baerlestraat 19
The French brand is a great start to stock up on high-quality onesies, made of the softest cotton, perfect for your baby.
- Noppies Maternity Wear Store. Here it’s all about you and your growing belly.
- Club CINQ, inside Conservatorium Hotel, Van Baerlestraat. I think that this might be the smallest children’s boutique anywhere in the world.
- De Winkel van Nijntje (also known as Miffy, Scheldestraat 61)) Holland’s most beloved bunny. Here you’ll find everything for your baby, including books, toys, clothes, bags and even linens for your nursery. Stop by for fun and useful gifts and souvenirs.
5. Pregnancy Cravings
- Stach, Haarlemmerstraat 150. Grab a refreshing cup of tea, a healthy fruit juice, delicious sandwich or ready-to-eat meal: at this eatery, you can always find something healthy for you! Everything is high quality and fresh produce is delivered daily.
- Puccini Bomboni, Staalstraat 17. No sugar, no butter, no fondant, no artificial additives. But with lots of chocolate and special ingredients such as pepper, rhubarb, tea, and calvados. Self-made according to traditional methods. Chocoholics from far and near come to the Staalstraat (or the shop at Singel 184) to stock up on their favourite flavours.
- Tea in the City, Beethovenstraat 23. Are you a tea lover? then head to Tea in the City. You’ll fall in love with the beautiful storage tins of Betjeman & Barton.
- Try Typically Dutch Food. From mini pancakes to croquettes from a vending machine, Don’t go home without trying at least one of these traditional Dutch foods such as Bitterballen, Stroopwafel, Poffertjes or a Tompouce.
BabyMoon® Travel Tips :
I Amsterdam City Card
The I Amsterdam City Card is the smartest and most affordable way to explore Amsterdam.
It gets you free entry to all the best museums and attractions, unlimited use of GVB public transport (so you can go wherever you like for free), great discounts, free giveaways, and special offers – all included in one single card.
And it doesn’t stop in Amsterdam. Get out of town and discover the charms of the surrounding area, including historic Haarlem, the harbor village of Enkhuizen, and the Amsterdam Castle Muiderslot. But also the perfectly preserved Zaanse Schans, and picture-perfect Volendam and Marken.