We arrived at Areias do Seixo early in the morning. Although too early to check-in, we were welcomed warmly by the staff and enjoyed the introduction to Areias do Seixo.
We were fortunate to be shown around the hotel by one of the managers and see the Love Rooms situated in the main building. Here is where you feel truly one with nature. Every room is different from each other and each has their own jacuzzi.
We were invited to join a tour to the Vegetable Garden, just outside of the main building. ”WOW” this is something else, the resort build this up from scratch. They ploughed the ground and created a fully operational wild vegetable garden that serves the resort itself. No pesticides at all, everything is done by nature itself. They even make their own soil from the natural waist created by the kitchen. We tasted plants we never tasted before and we ate flowers and learned that chickens are ideal cleaners of soil before its replanted.
We had a very healthy lunch in the restaurant, part of the spacious main building and again a great experience. We enjoyed a great chicken soup from the vegetable garden, which you could taste it was all natural.
In the evening we went into the dunes expecting to be able to walk to Noah Beach House. Again surprised by the location and the natural beauty of the environment.
We did not dare to walk along the beach as the sea was rough that day so we went back and took the car to the beach house instead. A drive of +/- 10 minutes. But you can also choose to take one of the bikes.
The Beach House is natural and environmentally friendly and is truly inspiring. The dinner itself was fabulous just like the staff. You could choose from various fishes, all fresh from the market. We stayed there to watch the sun go down and then went back to Areias do Seixo to relax after a perfect and beautiful day.
SPA, YOGA AND FIREPLACES
To make it even more special the resort offers its own Spa and various other relaxation options, amongst which are yoga classes.
In the evening we were told they also sit around a grand campfire to enjoy a glass of wine and sometimes the owner even brings her piano to play music for the guests. Something we for sure would like to experience in the future.
Areias do Seixo is a place you will likely never (want to) forget. The attention to detail can be experienced everywhere you look, with everything you taste and every step you take.
WHAT WE WILL NEVER FORGET
- we never felt more at one with nature then we did at Areias do Seixo
- the delicious tea from the vegetable garden on arrival
- the inspiring hotel architecture
- the Vegetable Garden tour at Areias do Seixo. We learned about agriculture, sustainability and the efforts this unique hotel takes to take care of nature. We ate directly from the garden and tasted flowers. A truly unique experience passionately given by the lady running the garden.
- the calm vibe throughout the resort
- the impeccable staff who will make you feel at home instantly
- for couples: the intimate, architectural and romantic Love Rooms. Each of the 14 hotel rooms is unique!
- for families: the design villas (Townhouse Green) with private plunge pool, three bedrooms with three separate bathrooms
- culinary: our healthy lunch from the vegetable garden in the restaurant of Areias do Seixo and our sea view dinner at Noah Surf House on the beach
- our attempt to walk to Noah Surf House via the dunes
- the tranquil and serene Spa
Pregnant and ready for something different? Check-in at Areias do Seixo and embrace nature.
The Lisbon Coast Babymoon Program for Expecting Couples at Areias do Seixo includes :
Praceta do Atlantico, Mexilhoeira, Povoa de Penafirme
2560-046 A-Dos-Cunhados, Portugal
Telephone: +351 261 936 340